Sunday, January 5, 2014

Study Abroad/Travel Reminder- A Necklace I Love

Being a lover of culture and fashion there are items in my closet that often remind me of my travels. The necklace seen in this picture of me at the Rachel Ray Show is one of them.


My professor of Service Learning Marketing from the University of Valencia, Dr. Luisa Andreu, gave me this necklace right before I returned home to the U.S. I was very appreciative of the gift but I wasn't sure if the necklace was quite my style. My brain often does a mental scan to figure out how I can where it and pair it with what I already have I my wardrobe. Luckily my mental scan took all of a few seconds and the love has been there ever since. My "go to" necklace as I often refer to it, goes with almost everything! It can make a boring outfit fabulous. I have had it for a couple years now and I still get tons and tons of compliments. I often wish I could go back to the store my professor got it from and buy more. If only Valencia was not a seven hour plane ride across the Atlantic Ocean. (I hope to visit again soon). Although I have great pictures and other souvenirs of Valencia, Spain my necklace is a great reminder of the amazing people, cool culture, and fun times I had there. It is also a great conversation starter that often leads to chats about my study abroad experiences. 



What clothing/ accessories remind you of your travels?

Hasta el proximo vez,


KoMiSa

No comments:

Post a Comment