Friday, November 8, 2013

What Magazines Would You Have On Your Coffee Table?

Magazines often tell a bit about you. They tell about your interests and your likes. What you often gravitate toward.  Previously Working in the magazine industry, the question what magazines do you have on your coffee table (or in your tablet) was an ice breaker so I thought it would be fun to share what would be on my coffee table (if I actually bought them instead of reading them at the library).

Travel & Leisure - www.travelandleisure.com
Need I say more. Travel and Leisure definitely appeals to my insatiable appetite for travel and culture. It often introduces me to new places and cultures that I then want to experience for myself. Travel & Leisure is definitely a reason why my travel list continues to grow. I recently went to Bermuda for the first time and had a great time. I can't wait to go back. I can now cross that country off my list of firsts but I am sure that the next time I pick up the latest copy of Travel and Leisure another country or two will be added to my growing list of places to go and things to do while there. 

Vanidades - www.vanidades.com 
Reading magazines of different languages are a great way to keep up your language skills. Magazines are often fun to read. Vandides is  Spanish magazine. I can grab my Vanidades and practice my Spanish reading and comprehension skills while I am relaxing. Win-win situation. When I am in another country I love picking up that language's versions of the other magazines that would be on my coffee table. I used to read Shape and Self in Spanish when I studied in Mexico. Fun times!!!

Self or Shape - www.self.com       www.shape.com 
A girls got to stay healthy. Physical fitness has always been a part of my life since childhood when I studied dances. Now when I take dance classes occasionally, have grown to enjoy running and recently started taking yoga regularly. Both Self and Shape give great examples of cool workouts, healthy dishes to try and in some articles talk about great places in other country to workout or ideas of how to stay healthy and in shape while traveling. 

Real Simple - www.realsimple.com
Real Simple appeals to my organizational side. Real Simple gives many great suggestions of how to stay organized and efficient in various areas of one's life. It also gives hints to culture through fashion, food, interior design etc.  I like to keep my spaces wether is be at home or at work neat and organized. I do my best to stay organized with my day writing to do lists and enjoy learning new ways of being more efficient with my time. Real Simple has given me great ideas on how to do just that and some cool ways of using my design sense as I stay organized. 

Essence - www.essence.com 
I grew up reading Ebony and Essence Magazines. I remember coming home from school as a child and and work as adult seeing the Essence magazine on the table. I loved reading the inspirational messages of In the Spirit by Susan Taylor. I love reading the articles that shed light and give a plethora of information about & for people of color. I would go to my favorite sections first and then I would read the rest of the magazine and enjoy that too. 

Oh and I would borrow my sister's Bon Appetit - www.bonappetit.com 
I love food and really enjoy cooking so when my sister started got a subscription I would read each issue once she was done. Not only was it a great resource for recipes to try and restaurants to visit it gave me great insight to some great restaurants and recipes from around the world. I also learned about chefs from all around the world who brought their cuisines here to the US that I look forward to trying. 

What magazines would you have on your coffee table or in your tablet?

Hasta el Proximo Vez,

KoMiSa


No comments:

Post a Comment